Dualism is what happens when you walk around with a virtual reality machine in your head. Other people with their intentions, their feelings toward us, their reactions to events, are mental constructs. Normally these creations correlate with actual, physical people in our environment. But sometimes the other person isn't there, yet our sense of the other personality is so strong, it's as if they are somehow present.
Yes it is. I have experienced this. Yet I think it must be such a powerful projection of the mind intense enough for us to feel it is really 'out there'. I think this happens in the religious.
Infinite Thread XXXXI
-
Behold, the Ugly Palace (il Palazzaccio, aka The Palace of Justice in
Rome). It’s nice to know we aren’t the only country that throws away money
on hideous...
NYT – Don’t Shill for Fake Psychics
-
A recent article in the New York Times is, unfortunately, terrible
journalism that ends up shilling for a fraudulent and exploitative
industry. The autho...
Oameni Vrednici de Atentie
-
Oameni Vrednici de Atentie. Imi plac umanii care nu sunt anosti. Fiintele
acelea care-si conecteaza limba la creier inainte de a spune ceva. Care nu
deschi...
Multiplication of unlawful disjunctions
-
Charles B. writes: Apparently, birds are not considered wild animals by
law. Reference here, where apparently feeding them in parks in permitted
except if ...
Thanks for stopping by….
-
I grew up in a wilderness area in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula in a town
proudly proclaiming almost 300 citizens on its road sign. Life there
focused on surv...
Yes it is. I have experienced this. Yet I think it must be such a powerful projection of the mind intense enough for us to feel it is really 'out there'. I think this happens in the religious.
ReplyDelete