Monday, February 9, 2009

What a difference 20 IQ points make

I'm watching President Obama's first press conference. He's thinking as he's talking. The last guy didn't really do that. Instead he'd pull out rehearsed arguments and talking points. Consequently, he came across as rather one-sided and smug.

LOL. Helen Thomas just asked, "Do you know of any country in the Middle East that has nuclear weapons?" Looks like Obama's not gonna bite. He's making some general comments about non-proliferation.

Subordinate ideology to the need for civility and rational argument? Yeah, I can do that.

3 comments:

  1. I keep getting weird sensations when listen to Obama talk, it feels like "hope"!

    The previous President I think has clouded my judgement a little whereby I keep expecting bollocks to be spoken on a regular basis instead I keep hearing this odd stuff that could be mistaken common sense from this strange man!

    I don't want to set my hopes too high for Obama, poor bugger has one hell of a mountain to climb, but I do have confidence in him which is a thing I have not had for a long time.

    Please can you clone him and send him over to the UK?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel beat me to it, but I'll say it anyway: "only 20?"

    ReplyDelete