Obama will give a talk to kids this Tuesday welcoming them back to school and encouraging them to take their studies seriously. Most kids have heard the "floss; eat your vegetables; keep it in your pants; do your homework" talk often enough to predict every part of it. So typically, I'd expect a lima-beans excitement level among the students, though a few might appreciate the opportunity for a refreshing mid-day nap.
A comment in response to a WSJ article: "No, I am not against children watching and listening to the President of the united States on TV…I am against a socialist muslim talking to them."
Where to begin? This crazy tribalism is antithetical to a civil society.
Perhaps this brouhaha will provide a wonderful teaching moment concerning logical fallacies, particularly the argumentum ad hominem.
25 Purrfectly Particular Places for Clever Cozy Cats
-
Did your shopping bag just meowed?
Laws of physics usually rule our world and keep us, literally, grounded.
That is true for almost every living creature i...
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment