Thursday, April 2, 2009

How Bacteria Cause Disease



I've been reading and watching a lot of CAM material lately. So when I bumped into a non-woo health lecture, I felt as though someone had opened a window. Ah, words that have actual meanings! Facts that fit together and make sense! Knowledge presented clearly, without any effort to convince me of "New Medicine" or "wellness" or "empowerment"!

The real world is really real, and we can know stuff about it! Awesome!

This talk by UCSF's Warren Levinson MD, is designed for a lay audience. It's a great overview of infection and immunity for anyone who doesn't know much about germs. I recommend you watch it then go watch something by Weil™ or Chopra. The manipulative, cultish rhetoric of the latter will be immediately apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment