Hurricane Danny, you rock! Winds in the high teens! Wave surfing! w00t!
- Don't try to launch near a bunch of trees all by myself with both sails up when there are gusts over 20 knots.
- When you see cat's paws on the water ahead, hike out. It takes less energy to prevent the boat from heeling than to level to boat once the windward side is up.
- Sheet in before the puff so you can sheet out if need be.
- Downwind if the boat starts rocking, turn up a little and the rocking will stop.
- Beware pointing too close to the wind and hiking out hard.
- Don't just lean out when hiking. Lift your legs against the straps as if you were trying to pull the leeward side of the boat up.
- The main sheet ratchet is noisy and useless in light air. But you need it on during a blow unless you want to loose all feeling in your hands.
"Artist=President Barack Obama" - Alex Jones, contact LLOG immediately! Never mind Pizzagate, never mind Sandy Hook, never mind the FEMA concentration camps, never mind the fake moon landin...
1 hour ago