Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bernard Osher

Bernard Osher and his wife, Barbro Sachs-Osher are respected philanthropists who have donated millions to worthy causes.

They've also infused many millions into the wooly headed notion of "integrative medicine." Their donations helped to found centers of integrative medicine at the University of California at San Francisco School of Medicine, at Harvard Medical School, and at Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm.

My pal Google told me a little about the Oshers. They seem like nice people. It's my impression that they have a soft spot for the underdog.

I wish I could sit down with the Oshers for a chat. Seriously. Biddeford's not far for me nor is San Francisco.

My patients are the under-doggest of them all. And "integrative medicine," sadly, isn't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment